Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Not Naked Nor Afraid

I am 100% addicted to the Discovery Channel's show 'Naked and Afraid'. Two complete strangers are placed in a remote habitat to use their survival skills to survive for 21 days....completely naked. One man, one woman. No shoes, no panties, no bug spray. Are you fucking kidding me? No bug spray!!!!

At first, I did not want to watch it....not that the nudity bothers me. They fuzz out the boobs and balls....but it just seemed stupid. However, it is NOT stupid. It is very entertaining and educational. The two people have to build a shelter together...with their bare hands, except if one of them is clever enough to bring a knife (each one gets to bring one survival tool). Then they have to find WATER. Critically urgent to find water....people get dehydrated pretty quickly and then start bitching at each other - not to mention that humans can't survive more than a few days without water. Then there is the struggle to adjust to the conditions....heat, bugs, rain, predators....lack of food is a biggie, lack of sleep is a HUGE issue.

I recommend you watch it at least once.

I am not naked nor afraid. I have shoes, panties, and bug spray. I have a comfy bed, central heat and air, and water. I can grow some of my food....but have never killed my own food of any kind - someone else does this.  Although when we lived in Germany, the locals did slaughter cows where we caught the school bus....and my Granny would wring a chicken's neck and then fry it up. I certainly have not eaten snakes or slugs...so it dawned on me that I may not actually be the bad ass that I consider myself to be. My Personal Survival Rating would probably be pretty low.




No comments:

Post a Comment