Saturday, February 23, 2013

" How Drunk is Drunk Enough?"

 Challenge to my friends of all ages - if you are so inclined.

Disclaimer: I AM NOT a religious studies professor or endorsing any particular faith.... I am a BELIEVER in a deep profound way in the power of GOD and the Universe. SO keep reading if you are interested in one girl's searching.

1. Read Bhagavad Gita - an ancient Hindu poem (preferable the Stephen Mitchell translation - because of its ease to read).  You can skip to the movie first....but come on, you guys love reading....and a promise you can read the Gita in an afternoon.

2. Then Watch the movie, "The Legend of Bagger Vance" -yes, Will Smith and Matt Damon....and Charlise Therone


As many people may know..the movie "The Legend of Bagger Vance" is loosely based on the Hindu work Bhagavad Gita. Everytime I read the Bhagavad Gita, I am inspired by both the gift and futility of our lives. AND, watching Bagger Vance the other night with Simone, I was reminded of those feelings. Maybe because Will Smith is awesome in his portrayal of Krishna or God...or a golf caddy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhHoPARnCn4

Let me know if you check this out and what you think.

There is so much in this movie that I love....the respect for the street sweeper, the love of an worthy opponent, the longing for days gone by...and the MOMENT of now.

One more in case you are not interested....yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mk2Tca88Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment